[bksvol-discuss] Re: Protecting chapter anemes/page numbers

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <hillikera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:29:46 -0700

Hi Mary Anne,

It's best to change the section breaks into page breaks.  In Word, I do this
by going to find and replace and typing in ^b in the find box and ^m in the
replace with box.  ^m is the symbol for a page break.  Let me know if that
doesn't quite make sense. *smile*.

Also, you mention that you put page numbers at the bottom of a page with a
blank line above and below them. This is exactly right. I did want to let you
know that it's not necessary for you to move page numbers to the bottoms of
pages if they are at the top.  I imagine that would be rather
time-consuming.  You may leave them at the top if you like with a blank line
before and after.

As to font, there isn't a standard set in the volunteer manual.  I usually
change to 12 point and times Roman, but that's just a preference of mine,
not a rule.  So if you like Ariel I think that's fine.

Thanks so much for all your work on Bookshare books!

Best,
Allison
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Anne Lynskey" <yeksnyl1953am@xxxxxxxxxxx>