[bksvol-discuss] Protecting an old book

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 21:13:39 -0400

I received one of the books I ordered from Alibris today and was astounded
to find an almost perfect dust jacket on this 1943 copyrighted book.  So
naturally I want to preserve it, smile, even if it is not worth much it is
out of print, and a pain in the butt to find.  Does anyone know how to make
those clear plastic dust jacket covers they use in libraries and where to
get the materials to do this kind of book covering?  I appreciate the help.
As I have another with a dust jacket in worse shape from 1947 I would like
to protect too.

The last time I needed this done, one of librarians at my University took
them and did them for me, but I want to learn to do it myself if possible.
Thanks, if anyone knows.  And I might ask my library the next time I was in.

Thanks.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com
Never let mistakes or wrong directions, of which every man falls
into many, discourage you.  There is precious instruction to be
got by finding where we were wrong.

      -- Thomas Carlyle