[bksvol-discuss] Protecting a page with a book title as its only text

  • From: "Maria Kristic" <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:58:56 -0400

Hi All,

A book I'm working on was purposely published as two books in one. As such,
there is a page separating each book with only the title of the respective
book on it. I'd like to ensure that these book titles remain, so that the
reader knows for certain where the first and second books begin; if they
were to be stripped, I'm sure the reader would still pick up on the fact,
since the chapter sequence goes back to Chapter 1 where the second book
begins, but still. I've never run in to this situation before. Here's how
I've got it formatted so far, but I'm still concerned whether these book
titles would be considered as footers when the stripper processes them (even
though they only occur again on the front title page of the entire book
itself since I'm stripping headers), so I'm wondering if anyone who's
encountered a similar experience (i.e., a page with only a title of some
sort on it) before and who knows that the title has been protected in the
final product can chime in and tell me if this should be OK. The format is:

Blank line (of previous page)

Page break (signaling the beginning of the book title page)

Blank line

Page number

Blank line

Title of book 1 or 2

Blank line

Blank line

Page break

The only reason I have two blank lines at the bottom of the book title page
is because I hoped it would decrease the likelihood that the title would be
considered a footer?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Maria