[bksvol-discuss] Re: Protecting Chapters

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:33:31 -0400

Dear Susan,

You are right that putting the word chapter on one line and the number on another with a blank line between, will protect the number. If there are no words or numbers on the page above the word chapter, then that word, chapter may be stripped though you'd still have the chapter number.

You could write both the word chapter and its number on a single line if you put the blank line, page number and blank line above it.

your way would work out like this

page break
blank line
chapter
blank line
1
blank line
text

In the finished book you might see

blank line
1
blank line
text

My way

page break
blank line
page number
blank line
chapter 1
blank line

In the approved processed file we'd see

page number
blank line
Chapter 1

So you've got choices.

It's great that you care enough to want to make sure your chapter headings are protected. Feel free to contact me off list if you want to spin this topic out. Once you settle on a method, it will become easy and automatic.

Always with love.

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Lumpkin" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>