[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofreading question

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 19:02:22 -0700

we don't add a space before or afer the em dash; in fact, if there are
spaces we close them. we do put a space before and after an ellipsis (3
periods close together; if the scan has 3 periods spaced, e.g., . . . .
change to 3 perios without spaces. e.g., ... (except fo a space before and
after. if the ellipsis comes after  the end of a sentence, retain the
period  then put a space andthe 3 periods that create the ellipsis. ...