[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofreading conundrum

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:59:41 -0700

Kim,

In text superscript is shifted about half the height of the letters up the page (and usually smaller so it won't crowd into the line above). Subscript is shifted down instead of up. If this is a normal word, not a chemical formula or math, remove the superscript/subscript. It was probably put in by the OCR software because there is a wrinkle in the page that shifts part of the word (or maybe the book slipped a little while it was being scanned).

Misha

Kim Friedman wrote:

Hi, I want to know what to do when the screen reader tells me a word has a superscript or a subscript in it. Are they supposed to represent italics? I don't know how this would be for Braille readers. Does one leave them in or get rid of them? Aren't letters in the same word supposed to appear alike? Any help will make me a very happy person for at least I'll have the impression of what I ought to do, if anything. Regards and thanks, Kim Friedman.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5151 (20100527) __________

http://www.eset.com