[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing With OB and an Abacus in the Mix,

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 20:51:48 -0600

Hi Melissa!

Thanks for your compliment. When I told my husband that I was using the abacus in this application, he thought it was a good idea too.

Debby

At 04:02 PM 11/5/2009, Melissa Smith wrote
Debby, That's a really good idea. I just might have to pick one up, and then remember how to use it. I haven't had one since I graduated high school.

Melissa

Debby Franson wrote:
Hi Chela!

Yes, an abacus is a mathematics tool, which works perfectly in this application, because I am using it to add each page number to it, so you might say I am adding very slowly. That way, when there is a page number missing in the book (sometimes the OCR software misses them), I can check my abacus's number and type it in the document, which is better than finding the last page in the document when I forget to put it into the clipboard to have it ready to dump in and increment up, eliminating the back and forth stuff, which slows down my proofing.

Debby

At 10:47 PM 11/4/2009, Chela Robles wrote