[bksvol-discuss] Re: Proofing: Is this correct?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 00:29:52 -0600

Hi Reggie,

It all looks correct, but Mayrie told me long ago, and recently before she had to retire, that the converter does a better more consistent job of finding the page number correctly when it's at the bottom of a page if the bottom of the page is done like this:

last line of text on a page
blank line
page number
blank line
page break

I do all my books like that. When I go back and check books I've done like this, the Bookshare conversion tools correctly find 100 percent of the page numbers and put them in the right places in the DAISY files.

Judy s.

On 11/29/2012 9:43 PM, Regina Alvarado wrote:

Received a book back for more editing. Before I send back, I am trying to proof the new way. Want to know if this is correct. I understand about the font and points. However, have a few other questions:

 1. When putting an ellipsis to denote change of scenery it is done
    like this?

Line of text

* * *

Line of text

 2. If the number is at the bottom of the page it is done like this?

Last Line of text on a page

page number

Page break

 3. When there is a chapter name (understanding bolding and points and
    fon) it is set up like this?

First line below page break

Chapter number and title

First line of text

 4. When there is the start of a new page it is done like this.

Line at top of page

First line of text

I will say thanks to anyone who helps. Want to get this book up and not have it come back for even more editing.

Reggie