[bksvol-discuss] Re: Project Treasure Chest booklist

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:36:39 -0500

Cindy, you are right, and I noticed those last night. I didn't fix them because I thought that people might copy a title from my email and search for it on the step 1 page. If I'd fixed the spelling, the search wouldn't work. I kept wishing I had the ability to go in and fix the title on the forms so the mistakes wouldn't be overlooked. As for Peeling The Onion, Carrie sent it back to step 1 and says why in the comments. It is lacking hard page breaks, but she did keep Elizabeth's edits to the book. If it is totally lacking page breaks, it should be rejected according to the Bookshare guidelines. (sigh)

Monica Willyard

Grandma Cindy wrote:
There are some serious spelling errors in one or two
of the titles. If you'd typed them, I would have
figured they were typing errors and not mentioned it,
but if they're part of the uploaded file, the
validator needs to be especially aware to fix the
title. Hopefully whoever takes the books will notice
it and change it. I know sometimes in the past when
validators upload they don't pay attention to the
title space on page two.

The misspelled titles are
Peeling he Onin, which should be Peeling the Onion. I
think Elizabeth mentioned the book to me and said it
only had soft page breaks.

Too Nice for You Own Good (should be Your)

Gaurdian of Justice--Gaurdian should be spelled  u a ,
not a u

Maggys child should have an apostrophe between the y
and the s

--- Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Cindy. I copied the titles from Firefox into
Notepad and then pasted the whole thing into an email. Is there something
I've overlooked?

Monica Willyard

Grandma Cindy wrote:
A question, Monica...Did you type the list of copy
and
paste?
G.Cindy

-

WISH LIST (called Requested Additions To The
Bookshare Collection)is available at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

www.jbrownell.com for miscellaneous and useful
threads
subject line.  To get a list of available commands,
put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.

WISH LIST (called Requested Additions To The Bookshare Collection)is available at http://people.delphiforums.com/jamiecalton/Book_Requests.htm
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/