[bksvol-discuss] Re: Problem with some of the new books poasted

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <hillikera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 00:27:17 -0700

Hi Shannon and others,

I found that The Power of Three will play on my book courier in BRF format
in addition to txt as you mentioned.   However, I couldn't get the packed
DAISY version to open either.  I imagine this will be resolved soon, but in
the meantime downloading book courier-bound books in BRF may save you some
time.  Although I know it's not as fast as a packed DAISY file.

Also very strange, my Braille+ doesn't see that Power of Three is even up on
the Bookshare site.  Neither title nor author search will show it.  That
means that I can't read the book off of the Braille+ at all. The unit tells me that
no such book exists.  I know it is lying to me, however it is being very
persuasive. *smile*.

In any case, I just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm encountering
similar difficulties.

Best,
Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>