[bksvol-discuss] Re: Problem with OpenBook

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:33:59 -0800

Yah, I have been saving as .rtf as I go along; that is, doing a hundred pages
or so, then recognizing and saving incrementally as I go along.  I was doing
that in case OpenBook does one of its voice failures - which I get from time to
time - and it stops talking.  The only thing I can do when this happens is
close OpenBook and start again.  It does bring up a dialogue box, which I can
read with JAWS cursor asking me if I want to save the file before I quit, but
since OpenBook itself isn't talking, I can't be sure what button I'm on to
close the program.

I'm sorry to say it, but from my experience, OpenBook is not the most stable
program I have ever used.