[bksvol-discuss] Re: Problem with BrailleNote and RTF file

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:37:55 -0700

Cindy4:

Open your document in word, save it as a word 2000 rtf document,
transfer the saved file back to your braille note & try opening it
again.  U need to understand a couple things, though:
a) it's gonna wanna save the doc as a keynote file--if u let it,
you'll need to export it back to rtf;
b) It might mess up page breaks so check back in word to ensure your
page breaks are ok;
c) Sometimes if u have ntfs file system on your computer, & your sd or
compact flash card is formatted as fat, the file won't be seen--simply
pressing alt enter on the file in windows explorer & unchecking the
archive attribute can solve that.

Let me know whether this helps.  Happy 2k8.

On 12/31/07, groups Warford <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just got a BrailleNote mPower about a week and a half ago, and I love it!
> I wanted to use it for validating this weekend while I was sitting getting
> my hair trimmed and so forth.  I transferred the RTF file to my compact
> flash card.  When I go into Word Processing and open the file I get these
> messages:
> "Do you want to review options?"
>
> I've answered "yes" and it has translate to Braille set to "no".  I've also
> answered the question with "no".  Then I get
> "This is a text file, computer Braille is required"
> That makes sense, but when the file loads all that I have in it are a dollar
> sign and the letters L G E with no spaces in between.  So, it looks like:
> $lge
>
> It doesn't see anything else in the document.  I've looked through the
> BrailleNote archives and it sounds like this should work.  The archives do
> say that the mPower won't handle files created in Word 2007, and that files
> over 400 pages can freeze the system.  This book is between 300-400 pages.
> I can exit the document and so forth so I don't think the system is
> "freezing".
>
> I can open the file fine on the computer, and I've tried erasing it from the
> BrailleNote and transferring again but get the same results.  What am I
> doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Cindy 4
>
> Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will
> leave footprints in your heart.
> -- Author Unknown

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at: