[bksvol-discuss] Re: Privacy between volunteers in Bookshare

  • From: Steve Holmes <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:53:15 -0700

I realize my following suggestion would mean more changes to the
website or general infrastructure but here it goes.

If one is really firm on wanting to maintain privacy, then how about
developing a feature where The volunteer is identified by name to the
books that were submitted by him or her and have a link or button to
click to open a message that would get sent to that person.  The
originator of the message would merely fill the edit box and click
send and the system would know the real e-mail address to send the
message to.  This concept is quite common in social networking sites
and other ticketing systems like Bugzilla and others.

Oh, if this engineering suggestion is too much for current staff, I
would be glad to get involved as a current volunteer to help; after
all, this will build up on my newly acquiring web development
skills. <smile>