[bksvol-discuss] Re: Preserving Indentation

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 00:16:11 -0500

Dear Cindy, Gerald, Jim,  and Everyone,

I keep worrying that indentation bone, too.

I understand that the tools ignore multiple spaces and tabs, but wonder if they'd put in a single space at the beginning of a line after a hard return.

For example, in a poem where every other line was indented we know it will be double spaced because we have to use a hard return so lines end where they are supposed to. Then, would every other line be a tiny bit indented if it was started with a space?

If we're not sure about this, I can test it out on the next really short children's book I get so the experiment can be quickly done and quickly checked.

Today I uploaded A New History of Wales. It's extremely informative, but I confess it's also pretty dry unless you are really interested in 250 pages of names and dates chronicling 2500 years of pivotal historic episodes.

The Book of Lost Tales, my masterwork to date, is almost ready, but I may be changing the 3 space indents to one space indents depending on the answers I get to this message.

Before Saint Patrick's Day I'll also be uploading Emerald Magic, a terrific collection of new Irish Fantasy stories for adults by various authors including some you'll recognize like Charles De Lint, Andrew Greeley and Tanith Lee.

What are all of you up to? It's fun hearing what's in the pipe lines.

Always with love,

Lissi

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx