[bksvol-discuss] Re: Prayers For Our Staff In India

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:49:17 -0500

Hi, Ann. Thanks for explaining about the geography of India. I cried in
relief when Carrie told me that everyone was safe. I seem to remember that
you spent some time working in India. Is that right? I feel a mixture of
wanting to reach out to our Indian counterparts and some fear about doing so
since I know so little about India as a country. The terrorist attacks
crystallized things for me because I realized that our Indian staff and
volunteers are truly part of us. We are all part of Bookshare. I don't know
how to start yet, but it's time to build a bridge somehow to blend our
groups into one Bookshare family. It's time for me to get serious about
making time to understand India and its people so I won't make a cultural
mistake when reaching out. Do you have any ideas about books or sites I can
read to learn some basics? I would appreciate any ideas anyone has to offer
on this subject.

Monica Willyard