[bksvol-discuss] Possible missing book

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 18:49:52 -0700 (PDT)

I have a similar situation. I thought I validated a
book by Henning Mankell, Sidetracked. It was a
translation from the Swedish. The protagonist is a
Swedish detective named Kurt Wallendar. Recently
someone recommended his series to me, suggesting that
I start with the first book in the series. When I read
the review and noted the name of the detective, it
rang a bell, and I looked up the author in the
collection -- no books by him. Then I found the title
that I'd read before and it wasn't there either. I'm
pretty sure that I did't read the book just for fun, I
mean select it myself from the library to read. I
don't usually read mysteries unless someone recommends
them or someone asks me to validate because page
numbers or pages or  text are missing. Does the book
and author sound familiar to anyone?

For those who are mystery fans, these are good ones,
at least based on the one I've read so far. Also, I
just l discovered tha Caleb Carr has a new book out,
set in the time of Sherlock Holmes  and using him, I
think, as a character. I loved Carr'sThe Alienist and
Angel of Darkness; I didn't care that much for his
science fiction Killin Time. I'm looking forward to
reading the new one.

Cindy

--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/issues/05_05/05_25_05/art_rec_div.html