[bksvol-discuss] Pointers - my idea for Shelley

  • From: Dilsiaa@xxxxxxx
  • To: BksVol-Discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:18:36 EDT

Shelley I use find and replace Ctr + F  to get rid of that kind of junk, for
example when editing Harry Potter y el cáliz de fuego in Spanish, the
interrogation marks at the beginning of the questions were recognized as \
dashes
followed by a comma with find and replace I replace those nasty critters. But
if
the junk is not part of the punctuation marks or is garbled text, well I would
like that Sarah or Guido give us some more pointers.

Very truly yours
Dilsia A. Martinez Rivera
Villalba PR

From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Need some pointers!
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:35:38 -0400

How do you search for junk characters using K 1000?  Things like ^* and the
like, as these are usually my curses.  And the ever popular bullet that The
Braillenote calls character 34580.  smile.  How can I search and replace
these?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe