[bksvol-discuss] Re: Poetry books?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:25:00 -0700

Hi Ellen,

Oh, yes.  Poetry is fine.  Just so long as the book has a copyright page.

Happy scanning.

And by the way, I don't remember whether you told us or not what scanning
and OCR software you're using, but in order to represent poetry correctly,
it's absolutely necessary to make sure that a paragraph mark precedes each
new line of poetry, and that you place an asterisk on the line before each
stanza begins, as all blank lines which usually would denote a stanza break
for the reader are removed by Bookshare's processing tools.  If you're not
sure how to do this, please let us know what software you're using and I'm
sure someone can help you out.  Sorry if I've told you something that you
already know.  I just thought I'd mention it since poetry is very different
to format than prose.

Mayrie

  _____