[bksvol-discuss] Re: Poacher alert!

  • From: Vivian Flores <vivian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:07:28 -0800

Hi everyone!
I'm sure it was an honest mistake! I have already written him to ask if he could release it!
Thank you!
Vivian

At 03:56 PM 12/15/2012 -0800, you wrote:
hmm. If it's the same person taking your books (and perhaps others'? Maybe that person can be blocked from taking books from the checkout queue; we can be blocked from taking more than our limit of 5 (darn) so it should be possible.

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Valerie Maples <<mailto:vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey, Netta!

Join the club! Mine are swiped regularly. I try to hope people get confused with their screen reader and when they hear the title, accidentally hit the check out button, thinking it is like to get a sample or the synopsis. Often people tell me when they see they have made a mistake, they hit cancel, but that only cancel's its transmission to their machine; the book is still in their queue. They then need to go to the "My Checked Out Books" page and release the book.

In the mean time, go to the history page, click on the name of the person who checked it out and it will generate an email and you can in that email, cc Madeleine, politely naming the book, asking for them to go to their "My Checked Out Books" page and release the book. I try to be polite and remind them that a hold should be respected and that there are many reasons why a person may not be able to get their books quickly.

Hope this helps!

Valerie

<http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples>www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholemaples