[bksvol-discuss] Re: Poacher alert!

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 15:37:38 -0800 (PST)

Hey, Netta!

Join the club!  Mine are swiped regularly. I try to hope people get confused
with their screen reader and when they hear the title, accidentally  hit the
check out button, thinking it is like to get a sample or the synopsis.  Often
people tell me when they see they have made a mistake, they hit cancel, but
that
only cancel's its transmission to their machine; the book is still in their
queue.  They then need to go to the "My Checked Out Books" page and release the
book.

In the mean time, go to the history page, click on the name of the person who
checked it out and it will generate an email and you can in that email, cc
Madeleine, politely naming the book, asking for them to go to their "My Checked
Out Books" page and release the book.  I try to be polite and remind them that
hold should be respected and that there are many reasons why a person may not
be
able to get their books quickly.

Hope this helps!
 Valerie