[bksvol-discuss] Re: Planning to scan

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:00:45 -0500

Every now and then on this list the topic of inordinately long holds comes up. Eventually Carrie or someone from Bookshare will announce a new policy on expiration of holds, whether it be three months or a year or whatever. Then maybe a few holds are removed and then the policy seems to be forgotten and we are back to holds languishing for a year or more again.

On 12/22/2011 6:23 AM, Mayrie ReNae wrote:
Hi Jess,
If a book has been on the checkout page for a long time, then I suggest you express your interest here in the particular title, and say for whom the hold was placed. It is possible that the person for whom a hold was placed is no longer interested in proofreading the book, or can't proofread it for some reason. If the person for whom the hold was placed is willing to give up the opportunity to proofread the book, they can let you know, and you can check it out. It's always a good idea to ask here before checking out a book with a hold on it.
Good luck.
Mayrie