[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pictures was Re: American Action Fund

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:36:13 -0500

Hi Robert,
You're probably right, although this didn't seem to help me. In math class
they would give me a 3-d shape that was represented by the 2-d tactile
graphic in my book. I was told that you had to visualize the lines in the
tactile drawings as though they were folds, and if you folded the page there
you would make the 3-d shape. I understood the idea, but can't visualize
things that complex. I can recognize a 2-d cone, and know it's supposed to
be a cone, but that's about it. maybe I'm the weird one--maybe I wouldn't be
able to visualize even if I were sighted. I do know one totally sighted
person who says she can't visualize at all.
Kellie