[bksvol-discuss] Re: Perry Mason books uploaded

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 06:38:11 -0700

Being new to this, how do I put it on hold for you?

-----Original Message----- From: Vivian Flores
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:36 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Perry Mason books uploaded

Hi Russ;

My library has the case of the singing skirt, I am willing to try and proof
that one to see how easy or difficult it would be. Then we can go from
there. Unfortunately, my library only has that title. If the scan is clean
and easy to correct, I'd be happy to do the rest if I can get my hands on
the books. Maybe someone will be willing to send me the hard copies?

I did not see the case of the singing skirt on the check out list nor on
the books in process list. Can you upload that and put a hold on it for me?
Thanks.
Vivian

At 10:11 AM 7/31/2012 -0700, you wrote:
These were scanned several years back using openbook.  I no longer have the
books to rescan them.  I've been reading them on my booksense.  I take it,
there is no way of editing the rtf files to correct this issue?

-----Original Message----- From: Valerie Maples
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:30 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Russ;

I tried to write you a private email last night, but have still not heard a reply. I am not sure which tool you are using to scan your books, but there are no page breaks, page numbers, and in some cases no chapter headings. The scans looked to be of very high quality, but we do need page breaks page numbers and chapter headings to insert navigation points.

I'm not sure if it would be easier for a sighted volunteer to try and insert those things with a book in hand, or if you want someone to try and help you with your scanner's and software settings so that the pagination and page breaks are retained and attempt to rescanning them.

I would be glad to help with there is some practical way to help. We had sent off several of our Perry Mason books to another volunteer, so maybe they are some of the titles and could get them back to help add those items.

Valerie