[bksvol-discuss] Re: Perplexing Download Problem

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:38:39 -0500

Monica,

I'm also a Comcast user and am using the McAfee firewall, and I don't have
any problems.  You might try resetting your firewall to its default
settings, and if that doesn't work, consider adding Bookshare to your
trusted sites or ask Support for which ports need to be left open to allow
downloads.  That will help keep your computer more secure than disabling the
firewall.

HTH

Gerald