[bksvol-discuss] Penguin February Newsletter

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:41:42 -0500

Just use our special code FEBNEWS to receive 15% off your total online order
placed now through March 2 at http://us.penguingroup.com.
To receive your discount, simply enter the code FEBNEWS into the coupon code
field on your shopping cart page, then click the 'update cart' button to
activate your coupon and see your savings.
Penguin celebrates the 25th Anniversay of White Noise!
The anniversary edition of one of the most iconic novels of our time is now
available in this dazzling graphic package.  Read an excerpt.
http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/features/whitenoise/index.html?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=noise
From the Publisher's Office

Penguin Storytime Special
We get a behind the scenes tour of author/illustrator Jan Brett's studio and
learn about her upcoming picture book The Easter Egg.
http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/publishersoffice/screeningroom/0110/penguinstorytime/jbrett.html#vmix_media_id%3D9534482?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=po
Tarcher Talks
This month Tarcher introduces author and therapist Nancy Dreyfus and her new
strategies for working on relationship issues with Talk to Me Like I'm
Someone You Love.
http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/publishersoffice/screeningroom/0110/tarchertalks/talk_to_me.html#vmix_media_id%3D9504591?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=po

Penguin Classics On Air
http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/publishersoffice/radioroom/0110/pcoa/gaskell_austen.html?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=po
Penguin Classics On Air returns with two new episodes that will be perfect
for the lover of 19th century British fiction.
On Becoming Bronte Elda Rotor explores the contributions of the remarkable
Bronte sisters to modern literature.
We follow up with Jane Austen vs. Elizabeth Gaskell which talks about the
popularity of adapting the works of these authors to the screen.
Penguin Audio Book Break
Listen to the beginning of Tracy Chevalier's new novel Remarkable Creatures,
a story of incredible discoveries, two remarkable women and an enchanting
time and place.
http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/publishersoffice/radioroom/0110/pabb/remarkablecreatures.html#vmix_media_id%3D9281516?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=po
February Fiction
Kisser
Stuart Woods
$25.95
Stone Barrington is back in this thrilling new page-turner from the
perennially entertaining New York Times-bestselling author.
The Midnight House
 The Midnight House
Alex Berenson
$25.95

CIA agent John Wells returns in another cutting-edge thriller about the
U.S.'s battle against terrorism, from the # 1 New York Times-bestselling
writer.
Watch a video.  See Alex Berenson
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
Beth Hoffman
$25.95
Steel Magnolias meets The Help in this Southern debut novel sparkling with
humor, heart, and feminine wisdom.
Laurell K. Hamilton Flirt Sweepstakes
  Flirt
Laurell K. Hamilton
$23.95
This is the latest installment of the New York Times-bestselling Anita
Blake, Vampire Hunter series.  Watch a video.
http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0%2C%2C9780425235676%2C00.html?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=flirt
Click here (
http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/enter/flirt-sweeps.html?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=flirtsweeps)to
enter for the chance to win a prize package consisting of a signed
copy
of Flirt, plus a selection of vampire gourmet products, including coffee,
chocolate and a mug.

February Features
In our Romance special interest area, read an excerpt from Julie Klausner's
I Don't Care About Your Band.
http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0%2C%2C9781592405619%2C00.html?sym=EXC
Science Fiction & Fantasy ? Read an essay from Stephen Deas on the
inspiration for his "Memory of Flames" trilogy.
http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/specialinterests/scifi/2010/deas-essay.html?cmpid=NLC-gen0210&attr=feature
Popular Fiction?The Postmistress

The Postmistress
Sarah Blake
$25.95
Those who carry the truth sometimes bear a terrible burden...
Filled with stunning parallels to today's world, this is a sweeping novel
about the loss of innocence of two extraordinary women-and of two countries
torn apart by war.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Point Blank by Catherine Coulter