[bksvol-discuss] Re: Paying for ILL

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:52:31 -0800 (PST)

The Los Angeles Public library charges for books requested from other than
branches within the system.
The San Diego County library system is wonderful!! They are part of what is
called Circuit, which means we can get books from any other member of the
circuit; this includes the San Diego city library and the university and state
colleges and community colleges within the county, as well as the other
branches of the county library. The truly amazing and wonderful thing, though
is LINK. So many public libraries within California are members of LINK. I've
requested, and gotten free, books from libraries  in northern California cities
and counties. Maybe you could be a catalyst and see if someone could arrange a
similar link for your state (Are you n PA now?
Cindy