[bksvol-discuss] Re: Paying for ILL

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kkellyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:05:27 -0600

Here in Chicago, interlibrary loans of books are free, unless the
lending institution charges a fee to the library.  However, there may
be a charge for large requests for magazine and journal articles if
the library needs to tap another institution and they charge a fee.

The University of Illinois has America’s fifth largest library with
more than 12 million volumes.  As a taxpayer, I helped pay for this
and believe I should be able to obtain certainly more than a measly
five books a year from this incredible resource.

Kelly