[bksvol-discuss] Re: Paying for ILL

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:41:53 -0500

I only used interlibrary loan once and there was no mention of a fee. I was told that if they had to go out of state for it I would be charged for shipping, but they found what I was looking for in state.

On 1/25/2012 10:35 PM, Shelley L. Rhodes wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am just curious.
How many of you have a fee or a charge or a requested donation associated with Interlibrary loans? For many years ours were free, and we could borrow items from across the state. But this year with budgets being cut, we are now, only allowed 5 free ones a year, and then the rest are a $3.00 donation per item, which I consider fair, and told the librarian that when she was talking to me about it. I use the service a lot, I will readily admit. But I was just wondering. Is Pennsylvania catching up to other states in this.
Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.
In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)