[bksvol-discuss] Paying for ILL

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:35:59 -0500

Hi everyone,

I am just curious.

How many of you have a fee or a charge or a requested donation associated with
Interlibrary loans?

For many years ours were free, and we could borrow items from across the state.
 But this year with budgets being cut, we are now, only allowed 5 free ones a
year, and then the rest are a $3.00 donation per item, which I consider fair,
and told the librarian that when she was talking to me about it.  I use the
service a lot, I will readily admit.

But I was just wondering.  Is Pennsylvania catching up to other states in this.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

In a library we are surrounded by many hundreds of dear friends imprisoned by
an enchanter in paper and leathern boxes. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and
philosopher (1803-1882)