[bksvol-discuss] Paul Newman's book

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:43:06 -0700 (PDT)

In memory of Paul Newman, let me recommend Shameless Exploitatioin in Pursuit
of the Common Good, written by A.E. Hotchner and Newman himself. I validated it
quite a while ago and enjoyed it immensely. I learned a lot about Newman that
is now being reported, i.e., about his charities, and how the production and
marketing of his grocery products came to be--and what a good sense of humor he
has. A nonfiction book has to be well-written and interesting to hold my
attention, and I really enjoyed this book.