[bksvol-discuss] Re: Part 1, Chapter 1 and Point Size

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:03:41 -0500

Hi Debby,

I don't think there's a one size fits all method here. If your chapters have sections, then you would need to make the chapters 16 point, so you can make the section titles 14 point so they will still be navigable for Daisy readers. But the book I'm finishing up for Bookshare now has parts, which I put at 18 point, then subparts, which I put at 16 point, then chapters with no subsections; so I put those at 14 point.

However, just to make things complicated, <grin>, if a book is just basically a bunch of chapters with no subsections, then I tend to put the chapters at 16 point, even if there are no subsections. If you ask why, I would have to say that I just got into the habit of doing it that way, and I don't know whether I will change it.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Debby Franson" <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>