[bksvol-discuss] Re: Part 1, Chapter 1 and Point Size

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:23:04 -0800

Star Maker is one of my favorite books.

More to the point, I am now proofing a collection of mystery stories where some of the stories have sections in them. It is bad enough that only some of them do, but when they have them each is a different style. One has regular arabic numerals, another has roman numerals, another has little doodads around the numbers that make the whole thing come out as junk characters half the time. I only realized this last case when a couple of those section numbers showed up correctly interpreted by the OCR. Fortunately, one of my libraries had the book so I'm now putting in the ones I deleted as junk characters.

Misha

EVAN REESE wrote:
Hi Ann,

In most cases you'd be right in assuming that chapters with sections would not likely come up in fiction books; but late last year I did a science fiction book called Star Maker by Olaf Stapledon in which most of the chapters had sections.

So you just never know.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>