[bksvol-discuss] Re: Part 1, Chapter 1 and Point Size

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:42:08 -0600

Well, the problem with this, on my system at least is 2 fold. First, there appear to only be 3 heading styles. When I press control and and alt with 1, 2 or 3, I hear that heading style 1, 2 or 3 respectfully has been applied. However, 4-6 do nothing. Secondly, the font changes that are made do not reflect what we've been told by engineering. Engineering says that there needs to be at least 2 points between font sizes to recognize them as headers. Style 1 is in aerial 16 point bold, style 2 is in aerial 14 point bold, and style 3 is aerial 13 point bold. So, style 1 and 2 will work, but nothing beyond that. Now, if you were able to define your own heading styles so that style one would be 20 point, style 2 18 point, style 3 16 point and style 4 14 point, this would be a really useful tool. Engineering says that only 4 heading levels can be recognized, so anything more than that wouldn't count anyway.

Thanks,

Melissa

Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi Melissa et al. This is a good question.