[bksvol-discuss] Re: Paragraphs Marks

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 16:14:29 -0400

Like I said, the *** is added when there is a blank line that you want to preserve. That might be an indication of time passing or a scene change or something else, but blank lines are in print books and they usually serve a purpose, but the Bookshare tools will strip them out. Blank lines at the beginning or end of a page, though, are placed there by you and they are placed there to keep the tools from stripping out page numbers or the last line of text on a page. Those do not have to be replaced by stars. Any other blank line that you do not intend to stand does not have to be replaced by stars either. They will be eliminated by the Bookshare tools. Let me clarify something else. I did not mean that a blank line and a paragraph mark are the exact same thing, but when you have a blank line you do have a paragraph mark. That means that when you want to insert a paragraph mark you can just hit the enter key.

On 9/2/2012 3:38 PM, Dornetta wrote:
So yes or not to adding the *** to the pages?
I'm just asking but I'll copy and paste your reply into my proofing notes as well for reference.
Netta