[bksvol-discuss] Re: Paragraphs

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:54:30 -0700

Also, if you are editing in Word and turn on the show all command (control+shift+number eight from the top row) you can check the end of a paragraph to be sure the paragraph mark is there. You don't have to check this throughout the text, but when you see the mark a few times yu will feel confident that the paragraphing is done correctly.

In Word, you can indent the first line of every paragraph by selecting the entire document using control+a, and then doing the following:
go in to the format menu with alt+o
Press p for the paragraph option;
tab through the options to special (which is a combo box) arrow down to first line tab to next option which will be set at .05 then tab until you get to okay and press enter.

This action will indent the first line of each paragraph in your book

Indenting the first line of paragraphs is not required, but not a bad idea either.

Lori C.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>