[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pagination Destroyed

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:36:04 -0500 (EST)

Tiff

Up until this week, I have been using 9.03.  I have just installed 10.01.

My guess is that a validator, probably using something else other than
K1000, is unknowingly changing pagination.
My reasoning in submitting  in .kes is to force the validator to use K1000
and hopefully not create the problem.

I can only guess but Daisy players get incorrect page numbers in the book.

And the page breaks occur, in BookShare's Daisy versions of the book, in
arbitrary places.  That is what leads me to believe that somehow the
problem is created at the validation stage either due to something K1000
does in its .rtf conversion from .kes
or due to something the validator is unknowingly doing.