[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pagination Comments

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 08:58:05 -0800

Hi Kane,

You can sort of have Kurzweil identify preliminary pages.  As I'm sure you
already know, very often, as Gail said, the first arabic numbered page is
often not the first actual page/piece of paper in the book.  If you can
locate the first arabic numbered page, you can do this:
With your cursor on the first arabic numbered page of the book,
Open the menus when in Kurzweil 1000 by pressing the alt key.
Right arrow to "navigation".
Down arrow to "set user defined page number.
Hit enter.
Kurzweil will prompt you here to type the page number and you should type 1
Tab to "ok" and hit enter.

From this point on, Kurzweil will announce all pages that we would number
with Roman numerals as "preliminary page" whatever the number of that page
is, but with an arabic number spoken.  And all arabic numbered pages will
now be announced accurately unless you accidentally have skipped a page in
scanning, or duplicated pages during scanning.  Which, by the way, we've all
done at least a thousand times.  It's easy to forget whether a page has
already been scanned, especially if you have to stop scanning for some
reason.

Hope all that helps some!

I hope you're having fun and aren't feeling too overwhelmed.  It really is a
manageable process once the newness wears off.  And we all enjoy it!

Happy scanning!

Mayrie