[bksvol-discuss] Pagination Comments

  • From: Kane Brolin <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:24:02 -0500

OK, this probably will be my last message of this kind prior to
curling up tonight with the Bookshare manual.

On 1/5/10, gail johnson <mama-gail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Interms of the page numbers:
>
> 1. The beginning of the actual novel can be listed as page 1 (one) or
> the actual page of the book itself.
> 2. any other pages before it would be listed in Roman neumerals.
>    i.e. Talbe of Contents xi

OK, I understand that I can identify a page with Roman numerals if I
manually enter the page number itself on the top of the actual page in
my scan.  But I don't know of any way to get Kurzweil formally to
identify a page as Roman III or Roman VII instead of Arabic #3 or #7.
Does this matter?

> 3. any blank pages with in the text should have page numbers and the
> words blank page
> on a separate line with a blank line in between.

Not a problem.  I can do that.

> 4. If a page has an illustration picture descriptions are welcome.  ...

Since I'm doing this by myself and am totally blind, I will probably
identify these just generically as "illustration."

Thanks to everybody once again for your assistance.

-Kane