[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbers are disappearing from my books.

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:41:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mayrie, I checked my Encyclopedia Brown book and it had page numbers at the
bottom of the pages. But I did put a blank line between the text and the page
number, and a blank line after the page number and the page break. I wonder why
the finished product ended upon Bookshare with no page numbers at all?

  You have to have page numbers because it says things like "turn to page 67
for the solution".

  Argh!

  If I were going to do the book over I would move the page numbers to the top
because, like Lissi says, especially when you have to skip to another page, you
want that number at the top in Braille because otherwise you have to find the
page number and then go up, up, up to find the start of the page.

  Why don't I fix the file and resubmit it as a BSO with the page numbers at
the top? And then you can validate it, if you want, and we can see how it works
out?

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Foul Play - Tori Carrington
If you broke it, lost it, need it cheap or just can't find it anywhere else,
find it at eBay!