[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbers?

  • From: "Pavi Mehta" <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:14:46 -0700

If blank pages are not numbered in the book then how are you going to
number them without renumbering the entire book: a chore which I am
loath to do.

Hi Bob,

I understand your reluctance to renumber the entire book, and wouldn't
want volunteers to have to do that. What was meant by this guideline is
that typically blank pages in book are assigned page numbers but these
numbers are not printed on the page - hence its blankness (smile). This
guideline asks that volunteers insert the appropriate page number on to
the blank page. It should not require renumbering of the entire book,
but is more just a filling in of absent page numbers.

Also want to add here that this guidelines is not a hard and fast
requirement, ie a book will not be rejected on the basis of not having
page numbers on its blank pages. But we have had several requests from
volunteers who want to know what Bookshare's standardized approach is
for certain situations,  and hence the creation of some of these
guidelines.

All good things,

Pavi