[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page numbering question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 23:50:15 -0700 (PDT)

Even though I've been proofing forever,  I became unclear recently when I
noticed that the page numbers were at the bottom. In the past I put all the
page numbers at the top left, but then I remembered reading recently that the
converter would put the numbers there so we didn't have to bother moving them.
However, when I started proofing and left them there, I didn't know what to do
with the first line on the next page; I assumed I'd have to put a line space
before it so it wouldn't get deleted; then I guessed I'd have to put a line
space between the page number and the  break. Then, for some reason I began
doing a pagination check (I normally do it at the end, but thought I'd start
with that this time. I found that it was easier for me to see (I'm sighted) the
number in the upper left-hand corner than at the bottom of the page, so I
deleted the bottom page number and placed the next page number in the upper
left--hand corner. It may take me a little
 more time at the moment   but the pagination check will go more quickly. And
my uncertainty about what to do about the first sentence on the next page is
resolved

Cindy