[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page fields

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:59:12 -0500

Hi John,

If this is a wish list book that was scanned by Bookshare, I think I know what's going on. I proofread one like this. Their scanning process is putting some (or most) page numbers inside of something Word creates calls a "field code."

A field code can be translated into the equivalent text by doing the following:
1. select the page number the way you would any other text you want to do something with (like if you wanted to bold a word).
2. Press control shift F9. That will turn it into ordinary text.

I don't know of any fast way to fix them all at once, without perhaps figuring out how to write a macro that might do it. Maybe someone else has a way?

You can find the page numbers that are field codes manually by paging through the document, but you can also try using this keyboard shortcut: control g and then using the drop down box to get to "field" and then using alt t to find each one of the page numbers that are in a field one at a time.

I hope this makes sense, and that is works for you! smile.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 3/27/2017 4:39 PM, john.falter wrote:

I'm sorry. My first question was too terse. I'm proofing a Star Trek book using Word 2007. The page numbers are contained in something called "page fields". I want the page numbers to appear as they usually do--removing the page fields.