[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks in ascii files

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:49:03 -0500

Loading a .txt file into word and saving it as rtf seems to delete all page breaks from what others have said. I do not know what folks do so page breaks are saved when trans lating from .txt to .rtf but perhaps someone else on this list does.

E.

At 04:29 PM 3/22/2006, you wrote:

Whenever I download an ASCII text file, I copy it into Microsoft Word and save it as a rich text file. I do believe that someone mentioned using wordpad for editting ascii text, though.

At 03:27 PM 22/03/2006, you wrote:
Hi. What text editor do you all like to use for ascii files to preserve page breaks and validate page breaks? I've discovered that mine doesn't mention hard page breaks, so I can't tell if they're in the file I have or not. I'm running Windows, so I'd need to pick a program that runs under that OS. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.