[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks in Word?

  • From: "Reggie & Brooks" <regandlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:06:48 -0400

I do not have Open Book or Kurzweil so I do most of my proofing on the Pac
Mate.  However, Jaws 9 does not show page breaks.  If you still have Jaws 5,
you can switch to it and it will say "page break."  The other way to do this
is to open the book, alt-E, go to "find and replace, under "find what put ^m
and ask for the search.  If it stops, there are page breaks.  You can also
ask for ^b and replace with ^m.  If there are needed page breaks they will
be put in.  Long and arduous, but only way I have found with Word and Jaws
9.  Guess FS only wants people to use Openbook!
Reggie