[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:17:52 -0500

OK Elizabeth,  think of it this way.  You probably do not speak Chinese,
Greek, Latin, nor Albanian.
How would you work on a document written in Chinese, Greek, Latin, or
Albanian?  You will likely ask someone to translate it, or convert it into
English.
You will then work on it.  If the document then needs to be used by
someone who utilizes one of those languages you give the document back to
the translator, or converter, that will turn it back into one of those
original languages.

So,  Kurzweil does not 'understand' RTF directly,  nor BRF, nor DOC.  It
can work on any document written in any of those formats by first handing
them to a translator or converter,  which will translate them in the only
format it UNDERSTAND:  KES!
Once you have finished working with the document,  temporarerly in KES
format,  your friendly K1K can convert it back in its original format.

Is this clearer?

And remember,  format conversion routines are for external use only.  Do
not ingest, inject,  and most of all do not expose them to open flames nor
basements with more than 3 inches of water on the floor.

Regards,

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/04/2005 08:05 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page breaks

Sorry,
Did Guido's explanation solve the confusion?  It was stated more
clearly.  I will try again if necessary. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity