[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Numbering - Three Questions

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:41:49 -0500

The tools are supposed to move page numbers at the bottom to the top, but I don't trust the tools to be all that smart. If most of the page numbers are at the top then when a few page numbers are at the bottom I move them to the top. The question about the formatting of page numbers may refer to preliminary pages. If there are pages before page one - I hate that - they should be numbered in lower case Roman numerals. If they are already numbered in Roman numerals and there are pages before Roman numeral one then those should be numbered separately in capitalized Roman numerals.

On 11/18/2015 2:44 PM, Evan Reese wrote:

Hi William,
Firstly, yes, it would be good to put a number on those unnumbered pages.
Secondly, there is no need to have the page number at the same place on every page. If the numbers are there, on a line by themselves, Bookshare’s tools will find them.
Thirdly, I’m not aware of any correct format for the page numbers. I’m not even sure what that means. If you mean whether they should be centered on a line, on the left or flush on the right, I don’t think it matters, as in my answer to your second question. If you mean something else, I have no idea.
Evan