[bksvol-discuss] Page Numbering - Three Questions

  • From: "William Korn" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "willythekorn" for DMARC)
  • To: Freelist Bookshare <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 19:28:25 +0000 (UTC)

Some books don't print a page number for every page.  For example, one book I
read did not print a page number if there was a full-page illustration on the
page.  Should I add it?
Some books place the page number in a different place on the page depending on
circumstances.  For instance, I am scanning a book of short stories.  The page
number on the first page of a story is centered on the bottom line of the page,
while the page numbers for all other pages are on the top line (left or right
side).  Should I move the "oddball" page numbers to match the rest?
Just out of curiosity, is there a "proper format" for page numbers?  If so,
what is it?  I see a reference to it in the help sections, but not what it is.
Bill Korn