[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Numbering Problem

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:16:22 -0700

I guess the artificial intelligence still has problems. Well, from what Judy said about her oddly numbered books, just submit it and hope it all works out.

By the way Amazon only has look inside for the unnumbered kindle edition though the table of contents of that has two section 2.3 both of which are supposed to start on page 15 (but as I said, there are no page numbers in the kindle text).

Misha

On 9/27/2016 6:53 PM, Evan Reese wrote:

Misha,
The text is different on the pages with repeated numbers. Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I might have been on that point. The text goes on as it would if the pages were numbered correctly. In fact, there's a split word going from the first page numbered 15 and the second page numbered 12.It just appears as though someone forgot what number they were on and started recounting on the wrong number.
Possibly a unique case all right. I've scanned nearly 800 books and I've never seen this. It's from a small publisher, Three CS, which might be an indication as to why.
Oh, you asked what book it was: It's called The Economic Singularity: Artificial Intelligence and the Death of Capitalism.
Evan

-----Original Message----- From: misha
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:24 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Numbering Problem

Evan,

Yikes! The text on all these pages is different, right? It isn't that
the actual pages are repeated, just the page numbers. What in the world
is this book? Not a clue what bookshare will do with this sort of page
numbering, Oh, is there anything in the text that might indicate this
kind of page numbering should occur? Not much help here, this is
definitely a unique case.

Misha

On 9/27/2016 5:58 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Hello Guys,
For the first time, I’ve encountered a book where the page numbers are messed up.
Everything is fine until page 15, then the numbers go down to 12 and go back up normally again. So there are four pages with duplicate numbers, 12, 13, 14, 15. The Table of Contents is based on page numbers being accurate, i.e. the next section after the number duplication is listed as being on page 19, which is true, but it would be on page 23 if numbering were correct.
I don’t have any idea what Bookshare will do with a book with repeating page numbers, but I doubt that it will be good. Any advice?
Evan

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to

To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.