[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Numbering

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:53:29 -0700

Gary,

If the number on the page after the picture pages is what it would be if all the picture pages had numbers, then leave in those picture pages and number them and to the extent possible keep each caption on the proper page.

On the other hand, if the page after the pictures is what it would be if the picture pages didn't exist, then move the captions to the end of the book and in that case you do not need to keep same number of pages as the original picture pages. You can put all the captions at the end of the book on one page, for example.

If you move the captions to the end of the book, put a note something like [captions for pictures on un-numbered pages between page 14 and 15 moved to the end of the book] on the page before where the picture pages were and another note before the captions at the end of the book something like [the following captions are from pages with pictures that were moved from between pages 14 and 15]. Obviously, 14 and 15 would be replaced by the actual page numbers.

That's it.

Misha

On 7/18/2014 8:40 PM, Gary Petraccaro wrote:
Old question, asked many times. I guess it's my turn. Pages with picture captions and the pages after start as though all the picture pages had numbers. All the picture pages have captions. What do I do, and where do I put what?
Thanks.