[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page Fields

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:37:13 -0600

I'm not doing one of the Thoroughbred Legacy books, but I'm finding the optional hyphens as well. Who is the submitter of the Thoroughbred Legacy books? Perhaps it is the same submitter. I wonder if it is the submitter's software, or just some settings that need to be changed.

Melissa

Tracy Carcione wrote:
Are you perchance working on one of the Thoroughbred Legacy books?  I have
noticed the same thing in the one I'm working on.  I have been deleting
the field page number and typing in the right number.  Further, I noticed
that somewhere the numbers got off, so it appeared to skip a page when it
really had not.  So watch these page field things--the number given may
not be correct.
Also, in my Thoroughbred Legacy book, I found many optional hyphens. These are a tricky thing which did not appear either reading with Jaws or
doing spellcheck in Word.  I had to specifically search for them.
Tracy

Another question from the book I'm working on. It appears that the
person who scanned the book used MS Word's insert page numbers to number
the pages. I say this, because, when arrowing past a page number, I hear
"entering page field" and "leaving page field". When I went to Word help
and searched for page field, it said that these appear when using insert
page numbers. Will these show up after going through the conversion
tool, or do I have to delete them and re enter the page numbers?
Thanks,

Melissa